Encouraging the design aspiring minds
Rethinking the Future Student’s awards is an initiative to acknowledge the innovative design ideas conceptualized by students for their under and post graduate projects. We aim to provide a platform to these avant-grade ideologies, that are relevant and yet predominantly innovative in their design approach.
RTF Awards invites Students and Young graduates from across the world to submit their Concept Projects in RTF Education Awards.
Who is it for?
It is a completely open for Graduate / Post Graduate Students and Young Professionals, befitting the required criteria:
1. The participating candidates must have graduated or done masters in 2017 and/or later.
2. The candidates must be students/ recent degree holders of B.Arch/ B.Des or M.Arch/M.Des only.
3. The submitted project can be either a Studio Project/ Bachelors thesis or a Master’s thesis, depending upon the category the candidate wishes to participate in.
Previous Winners in Rethinking The Future Awards include students from prestigious universities from around the world such as
MIT, Graduate School of Design - Harvard, University College of London, Politecnico di Milano, ETH Zurich, Tunghai University, Stanford University, Illinois Institute of Technology, Pratt Institute, Rhode Island School of Design, Aalto University, , School of Planning & Architecture, Aalto University and many more.
RTF Education Awards Trophy
Three projects in each category will be awarded, also depending on the Jury’s Decision, Some projects will receive Honorable Mentions. For each category, RTF creates a newsletter to interested parties mainly consisting of design editors, curators, architects, designers, journalists, academics, marketers, reporters, editors, blog owners, columnists, product managers and developers, companies relevant to the particular categories.
The RTF Awards Book will be the world’s best collection of projects featuring excellence and innovations by the winning entries of the RTF Awards 2020
RTF Awards Jury Panel
Entries are carefully evaluated by an internationally influential jury panel composed of established scholars, esteemed professionals, prominent press members, creative design professionals and experienced entrepreneurs who devote great care and attention to details while voting each entry.
Keeping in mind the genre of the participants, we have designed a format that is simple to understand and does not involve a complex process from the registration to the submission.
Step 1: Register yourself at our website with the nomination fee.
Step 2: On completing the process, each participant will be receiving a Registration Code (within 24 hours) which has to be placed on your submission entry sheets.
Step 3: Prepare your submission sheets as per the Submission Guidelines and submit them on our portal, by filling up the Submission Form.
Step 4: Once your projects have been submitted, just relax and wait for our esteemed judges to pick out the best ones!
Early Bird Registrations – $100 60$
Standard Registrations until 15th Dec 2019 – $150
Late Registrations until 08 Feb 2020 – $250
Registration Ends. | 08 Feb, 2020
Submission Deadline. | 08 Feb, 2020
Jury Meeting – Evaluation period begins. | 10 Feb, 2020
Winners Announcement. | 25 Feb, 2020
- Open invitation for ‘RTF Education Awards 2020’.
- Entries are invited from all the nations.
- Projects submitted under RTF Education Awards Categories must be completed before August 2019 and after March 2016. The projects submitted are considered by the author that submits the entry for the Award. Every violation of copyright will be punished with immediate disqualification.
- The works reached out of time will be excluded.
- Submissions may contain any or all of the following, i.e. text, diagrams, plans, sections, sketches, photographs, graphics, collage etc, in a combination without restrictions that can convey the visual summary of the design intent of the entrant comprehensively illustrating the:
(i) Response to challenges outlined in the Brief.
(ii) The emergence of a unified and relevant image of Design
- Submission must contain Design Brief (not more than 500 words) in a .doc file.
- Max. of 6, A3 size sheets (420mm X 297mm), in horizontal format and submitted as digital, colored, high-resolution files, meant for printing in JPEG format.
- Each submission must contain the ’Registration ID’ provided by the RTF at the time of registration, this ID must be written in bold Arial font, 5 mm in height on the top right corner of each submission entry.
- Submission must be free from any kinds of identifying marks, such as and including firm logos, the name of the participant.
- The submissions will ONLY bear the Registration ID, given to an entrant after their successful registration, as a means of identification and any other identifying mark will make the entrant liable for disqualification.
- Submit your project as .Zip Folder with Registration ID as the folder name and upload on our portal. ( Max Upload Size – 50 MB )
About Rethinking The Future
RTF provides an interactive platform of the highest standard, acknowledging the projects amongst creative and influential industry professionals.
Born out of the need to create ‘Fresh Perspectives’ on international trends in Architecture and Design, RTF is now a well-established platform that is the goto platform for millions of people around the World. RTF stirs discussions on contemporary issues in the field of Architecture and the radical approach required to deal with them.