1. Lorient Multimodal Hub | AREP
The Lorient multimodal hub is part of the “Bretagne à Grande Vitesse” project (“High-speed for Brittany”), a high-speed line which is expected to allow a three-hour total travel time between Quimper, Brest and Paris by 2017.
2. Reveals Design for New TGV Station in Montpellier by Marc Mimram: Paris-based architecture and engineering firm Marc Mimram has been appointed to design a new TGV station in Montpellier, France. To be completed in late 2017, the station is intended to serve up to 3.5 million passengers a year by 2030, connecting with the existing Perpignan to Barcelona line, ultimately reducing the travel time between Paris and Barcelona.
3. Oslo Airport Expansion by Nordic – Office of Architecture: The competition-winning design, which uses snow as a coolant, has achieved the world’s first BREEAM ‘Excellent’ sustainability rating for an airport building.
4. West Terminal 2 | PES-Architects: PES-Architects’ West Terminal 2 (Länsiterminaali 2), completed in February 2017, is situated in Helsinki’s West Harbour on a narrow plot of reclaimed land at the southern tip of the new Jätkäsaari neighborhood, a former freight port area.
5. P+R Car Park Zutphen | MoederscheimMoonen Architects: Zutphen (The Netherlands) recently gained a new, one-of-a-kind park + ride car park. The building is located adjacent to the town’s train station in the Noorderhaven district.