1. Frank Lloyd Wright: Frank Lloyd Wright was an American architect, interior designer, writer and educator, who designed more than 1,000 structures, 532 of which were completed.
Born: 8 June 1867, Richland Center, Wisconsin, United StatesDied: 9 April 1959, Phoenix, Arizona, United StatesArtworks: Skyscraper Vase, Spindle Cube Chair, Side Chair, Taliesin Line of Decorative Wallpapers, Armchair, Design 105
2. Frank Gehry: Frank Owen Gehry, CC is a Canadian-born American architect, residing in Los Angeles. A number of his buildings, including his private residence, have become world-renowned attractions.
Born: 28 February 1929 (age 88), Toronto, CanadaArtworks: Fish Lamp, Superlight Chair, Pito Water Kettle, MOREOn view: San Francisco Museum of Modern Art, Serpentine Galleries, Dallas Museum of ArtAwards: Pritzker Architecture Prize, MORE
3. Le Corbusier: Charles-Édouard Jeanneret, known as Le Corbusier, was a Swiss-French architect, designer, painter, urban planner, writer, and one of the pioneers of what is now called modern architecture.
Born: 6 October 1887, La Chaux-de-Fonds, SwitzerlandDied: 27 August 1965, Roquebrune-Cap-Martin, FranceArtworks: Abstract Composition, Still Life Filled with Space, MOREOn view: San Francisco Museum of Modern Art, MORE
4. Zaha Hadid: Dame Zaha Mohammad Hadid DBE RA was an Iraqi-British architect. She was the first woman to receive the Pritzker Architecture Prize, in 2004. She received the UK’s most prestigious architectural award, the Stirling Prize, in 2010 and 2011.
Born: 31 October 1950, Baghdad, IraqDied: 31 March 2016, Miami, Florida, United StatesArtworks: Horizontal Tektonik, Malevich’s Tektonik, London, MOREOn view: Serpentine Galleries, San Francisco Museum of Modern Art, High Museum of ArtAwards: Pritzker Architecture Prize, Stirling Prize, Structural Steel Design Awards, Glamour Award for The Architect-In-Chief
5. Norman Foster: Norman Robert Foster, Baron Foster of Thames Bank, OM, HonFREng is a British architect whose company, Foster + Partners, maintains an international design practice famous for high-tech architecture.
Born: 1 June 1935 (age 82), Reddish, Stockport, United KingdomProjects: American Air Museum at the Imperial War Museum DuxfordPractice: Foster + PartnersBooks: Rebuilding the Reichstag, MORE